What can you do?
If you are under the weather, getting lots of rest and drinking plenty of fluids will help you to feel better. Some other ideas include:
- Use saline nasal drops to loosen mucus
- Use a humidifier in your room to help reduce congestion (but be sure you follow the instructions to keep it clean)
- Drink warm decaffeinated tea with lemon or honey to help relieve a sore throat
- Raise your head when you are resting to help you breathe better
What medicine you can take while pregnant for cold?
Treating a cold usually means using over-the-counter (OTC) medications. Some of which are safe for pregnant women are below
1. Panadol Advance 500mg Tablets
Panadol Advance is a paracetamol formulation that contains Optizorb technology TM. Panadol Advance with Optizorb disperses up to five times faster than standard paracetamol tablets.
What does it relieve?
- Sore Throat
- Rheumatic Pain
- Muscle Pain
- Pain due to non-serious arthritis
- The fever, aches and pains of colds and flu
- Period Pain
Ingredients: 500mg Paracetamol
How to use:
Swallow tablet(s) with water.
2. Clarityne Allergies Tablets
Clarityne Provides 24 Hour Non-Drowsy Allergy Relief
Claritin is the #1 doctor recommended non-drowsy oral allergy brand.* It allows you to get 24-hour non-drowsy allergy relief day after day.
Features & details
- Non-drowsy allergy tablets for relief of sneezing, runny nose, and itchy throat
- Provides respite from hay fever and other respiratory allergies
- 24-hour formula delivers 30 days of relief
- Consult a physician before use if pregnant or nursing
Resting while sick is important to give the body time to focus on recovery. Lying down with the head elevated may help with breathing and stuffiness.
Drinking plenty of water can help people recover from a cold. Juices and smoothies can also provide nutritional intake when people have no appetite.
Many people also use room humidifiers to help clear a stuffy nose and promote a productive cough.
Applying warm compresses to the head, sinuses, and shoulders may help reduce pain and congestion.