FEMINAX EXPRESS TABLETS
What is Feminax Express?
Feminax Express helps to ease pain caused by menstrual cramps, otherwise known as period pain. If period pain makes your time of the month unbearable, Feminax Express can help to ease your pain quickly so you can get on with your day.
What is period pain?
Period pain, or menstrual cramps, are muscle cramps that happen as a part of your menstrual cycle. They usually happen in your stomach but can spread to your back and thighs. When your womb prepares for your period, it sheds its lining by contracting vigorously. When this happens, it causes painful spasms to shoot through your stomach muscles, in a way that is similar to contractions.
How will this product help to ease my period pain?
Feminax Express contains the active ingredient ibuprofen lysine, which is the lysine salt of ibuprofen. Ibuprofen is part of a group of medicines known as Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs, or NSAIDs, which means that it relieves pain while also helping to reduce fever and swelling. This makes Feminax Express perfect to relieve menstrual cramps and several other everyday ailments.
Can Feminax be used to relieve other kinds of pain?
Although Feminax Express is perfect for relieving period pain, it can also be used to ease many other kinds of pain. Some of the other aches and pains you can use this product for include:
- Rheumatic pain
- Muscular pain
- A backache
- Neuralgia (nerve pain)
- Dental pain
- A headache
- A migraine
- Fever or high temperature
- Cold and flu symptoms
How to take Feminax Express
Take 1 – 2 tablets with water, preferably with or after food. Repeat every 4 hours, if necessary, do not take more than 6 tablets in any 24 hours.
When should Feminax Express not be used?
Feminax Express is not suitable for use by children under the age of 12. Do not use this product if you are allergic to ibuprofen, aspirin or any other painkillers, or any of the other listed ingredients. Do not take Feminax Express if you:
- Have or have had a stomach ulcer, perforation, or bleeding of the stomach
- Severe kidney, liver, or heart failure
- Are taking aspirin with a daily dose of more than 75mg
- Are in the last 3 months of pregnancy
Speak to your doctor or a pharmacist before taking this product if you:
- Are elderly, as you may be more at risk of serious side effects
- Have or have suffered from asthma, diabetes, high cholesterol, or have allergies
- Have liver or kidney problems
- Have stomach or bowel disorders, such as Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis
- Have Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE) - an illness which affects your immune system
- Have, have previously had, or are at risk of heart problems, high blood pressure, or stroke
- Are in the first 6 months of pregnancy or are breastfeeding
- Have heart problems (e.g. heart disease, angina) or have had a heart attack, bypass surgery, peripheral artery disease, or any kind of stroke
- Have high blood pressure, diabetes, high cholesterol, a family history of heart disease or stroke, are a smoker
Feminax Express should not be taken at the same time as other medicines, as they can interact.
Does this product have side effects?
Like all medicines, Feminax Express can have side effects, although not everyone will experience them. These side effects include:
- Signs of intestinal bleeding, e.g. vomiting blood or dark particles resembling coffee grounds, black tarry stools, blood in stools, etc.
- Signs of a serious allergic reaction, e.g. asthma, wheezing, shortness of breath, swelling of facial features, rashes, rapid heart rate, collapse, etc.
- A severe skin reaction called DRESS, showing symptoms of skin rash, fever, swelling of lymph nodes, increase of a type of white blood cells called eosinophils
- Stomach pain or discomfort, nausea, indigestion, heartburn
- A headache
- Skin reactions, e.g. hives, rash, itching
- Diarrhoea, flatulence, constipation, vomiting
- Stomach ulcer or perforation
- Worsening of bowel problems, e.g. ulcerative colitis or Crohn’s disease
- Kidney problems, showing symptoms of cloudy urine, more or less urine than usual, blood in urine, pain in the back and/or swelling, very rarely kidney failure
- Liver problems showing symptoms such as yellowing of the skin and eyes (jaundice), pale coloured stools, dark urine
- Blood disorders, showing symptoms such as unexplained/unusual bruising or bleeding, sore throat, mouth ulcers, fever, extreme paleness, weakness, exhaustion
- High blood pressure, heart failure, swelling due to fluid build-up, stroke
If you experience these or any other side effects while using this product, stop use and speak to your doctor or a pharmacist right away.