What is RYBELSUS®?
RYBELSUS® (semaglutide) tablets 7 mg is a prescription medicine used along with diet and exercise to improve blood sugar (glucose) in adults with type 2 diabetes.
- RYBELSUS® is not recommended as the first choice of medicine for treating diabetes
- It is not known if RYBELSUS® can be used in people who have had pancreatitis
- RYBELSUS® is not for use in people with type 1 diabetes
- It is not known if RYBELSUS® is safe and effective for use in children under 18 years of age
Important Safety Information (cont’d)
Before using RYBELSUS®, tell your healthcare provider if you have any other medical conditions, including if you:
- have or have had problems with your pancreas or kidneys
- have a history of vision problems related to your diabetes
- are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. It is not known if RYBELSUS® will harm your unborn baby. You should stop using RYBELSUS® 2 months before you plan to become pregnant. Talk to your healthcare provider about the best way to control your blood sugar if you plan to become pregnant or while you are pregnant
- are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed. Breastfeeding is not recommended during treatment with RYBELSUS®
Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements. RYBELSUS® may affect the way some medicines work and some medicines may affect the way RYBELSUS® works.