SELSUN SHAMPOO 2.5%W/V
1. What Selsun Shampoo is and what it is used for
Selsun Shampoo it a medicated shampoo used to treat dandruff and seborrhoeic dermatitis (a greasy, crusting, itching scalp caused by excess oil).
It works against dandruff in two ways:
- By reducing greasiness of the scalp and
- By slowing down growth of the layer of skin cells on the scalp that cause dandruff
2. Before you use Selsun Shampoo
Do not use Selsun Shampoo if:
- You are allergic (hypersensitive) to the active ingredient selenium sulphide, or any of the other ingredient of Selsun Shampoo
- You have broken or severely inflamed skin on your scalp
Take special care with Selsun Shampoo User precautions
- Avoid contact with the eyes. If the shampoo does get in your eyes, wash immediately with lots of cold water
- Selsun is not to be ingested or eaten
- Do not leave the shampoo in contact with the hair or skin for more than the recommended duration as irritation, burning sensation or blistering may occur, and do not use more often than recommended
- Gold, silver and other metallic jewellery should be removed prior to use, as discolouration may occur
- Rinse thoroughly from the hair before dyeing, tinting, perming or chemical straightening
- It should not be used for 2 days before or after any of these hair treatments
- Take out hair grips and remove jewellery before use and avoid contact with metal surfaces
Pregnancy and Breast-feeding
You should not use Selsun Shampoo if you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant or are breast-feeding.
Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before using any medicine.
3. How to use Selsun Shampoo
Adults, (including elderly) and children over 5 years old
- Shake bottle well before use
- Wet the hair and then massage enough into your scalp to form a lather
- Leave for two to three minutes
- Rinse thoroughly
Selsun should be used twice a week for the first two weeks and then once a week for the next two weeks. After this first course of treatment, it should not be used more often than Is needed to control your scalp condition.
Selsun Shampoo is not recommended for use in children under 5 years of age
If you accidentally swallow Selsun Shampoo, seek medical advice immediately. Swallowing Selsun Shampoo can cause you to feel sick or be sick.
If you have any further questions on how to take this product, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
4. Possible side effects
Like all medicines, Selsun Shampoo can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
Side effects may include:
- Skin rash or hives
- Irritation or sensitization of the skin or scalp, sometimes described as a burning sensation
- Increase in the amount of normal hair loss
- Discolouration of hair, which may be avoided by thoroughly washing the hair after treatment
- Oiliness or dryness of hair and scalp.
- Rarely, blistering can occur, especially if the shampoo is kept in contact with the hair or skin for longer than the recommended duration
- Searching for where to buy Selsun Shampoo in Ghana? Want to know Selsun Shampoo price in Ghana? Shop Selsun Shampoo from healthonlineghana.com, Connecting You to Online Pharmacies in Ghana - Shop them at the best price from Health Online Ghana. Health Online, Ghana’s First Online Platform for Pharmacies in Ghana. Enjoy Cash On Delivery | Secure Payment | Free Health Consultation from Health Online's Online Pharmacists in Ghana. Buy from a pharmacy in Accra or a pharmacy in Ghana. Ghana Pharmacy Online. Nationwide Delivery available.