TOBRADEX 5ML EYE DROPS
Tobradex 5ml Drops are used for the treatment of bacterial eye infections.
How effective is Tobradex 5ml?
Tobradex 5ml Drops are composed of Tobramycin and Dexamethasone. Tobramycin belongs to a group of medicines known as aminoglycoside antibiotics that work by stopping the growth of bacteria. Dexamethasone belongs to a group of medicines known as corticosteroids that work by reducing swelling. Tobradex is only effective against bacterial eye infections and will not work for other types of eye infections.
What dose should I choose?
For children (below 17), the usual dose of Tobradex is recommended by the doctor.
The course of treatment depends upon the severity of the disease/disorder. If you have queries about this medicine, please feel free to contact the pharmacist at emeds Pharmacy.
What are the side effects and other warnings when taking Tobradex 5ml?
Every medicine with active ingredients has side-effects. However, these side effects are very rare. Most individuals don’t face side effects.
- Eyelid itching
- Eye discomfort
- Eye redness
Some allergic reactions may also occur;
- Severe dizziness
- Trouble breathing
- Sore tongue or throat
Tobradex’s warnings include;
- Be careful while using Tobradex 5ml without the doctor’s consent.
- Share your medical history especially of eye problems, liver disease, and kidney disease with your doctor before using this drug.
- Inform your doctor if you are allergic to the active ingredient of Tobradex.
- Share the list of all products (including allopathic and herbal) with your doctor.
- Wash your hands before using Tobradex 5ml.
- Do not touch the dipper.
- Do not wear contact lenses while using Tobradex.
- Do not use other ointments or eye drops 5 minutes before or after applying Tobradex.
- Do not rub the eyes after applying Tobradex.
- Consult your doctor before using Tobradex if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.