U-PROGEST 100MG (MICRONIZED PROGESTERONE)
Regular price GH₵222.00
Regular priceUnit price per
Primary UsesHormonal supplement
Progesterone belongs to a group of medicines known as progestins. It is used as a part of hormone replacement therapy in women. Progesterone works by decreasing the amount of estrogen in the uterus thereby, decreasing the risk of developing uterine cancer. Progesterone prevents abnormal thickening of the lining of uterus in post-menopausal women. When given to women of child-bearing age, it induces menstruation by replacing the natural progesterone that some women are missing.
- Progesterone capsule is used for the following purposes:
- Part of hormone replacement therapy in women who have passed menopause and have not had a hysterectomy.
- To prevent abnormal thickening of the uterine lining caused by estrogen.
- To reduce the risk of uterine cancer.
- To regulate menstrual cycle of a woman of child-bearing age who previously had a normal cycle but stopped menstruating suddenly.
How To Use
- Progesterone tablet is for oral administration only.
- Take it with a full glass of water.
- This medicine should be taken with a meal.
- Take it at the same time each day to help you remember.
- Please follow your doctor’s instructions regarding the dosage and method of administration of progesterone.
- It is usually taken once a day in the evening or at bedtime.
- Progesterone is usually taken on a rotating schedule that alternates between 10-12 days when you take progesterone and 16-18 days when you do not.
- Follow the directions on your prescription label carefully.
- Do not crush, chew, or break the tablet. Swallow it with a glass of water.
- Take the missed dose as soon as you remember unless it is time for your next dose.
- Do not stop taking this medicine abruptly or without your doctor’s permission.
- Do not take two doses at one time to compensate for a previously missed dose.
- Consult a doctor immediately if you experience any undesirable effects.
- Store this medicine at room temperature and away from direct sunlight, heat, and moisture.
- Do not use it after its expiry date.
- Do not use if the quality seal is broken or missing.
- Keep this medicine away from the reach of children and pets.
- Do not forget to show up for your pelvic exam, breast exam, and mammogram.
- Always talk to your doctor before taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine with progesterone